General Ts & Cs to use our online services
About us and our services
- Barnett Waddingham LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales under company number: OC307678. Our registered office is at: 2 London Wall Place, London EC2Y 5AU. We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- We provide various online services, applications and tools (Application(s)) to our clients for use by their authorised users (Users) via this website (Site).
- Whilst certain Users may be accessing and/or using the Applications for their personal use (e.g., where the User is an employee of our client to whom we provide employee benefit services, or where the User is a member of an pension scheme, in respect of which we provide services to our trustee client), we are not, nor shall we be deemed to be, providing any services to any User.
- These user terms and any additional terms and conditions that apply to a particular Application (together the User Terms) apply to your access to, and use of, the Applications available to you from time to time and this Site. Please note that you must agree to the User Terms before you access or use the Applications. You should read the User Terms carefully.
- Any reference to ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ in the User Terms is to Barnett Waddingham LLP, and any reference to ‘you’ or ‘your’ is to the User accessing or using the Site and/or the Applications.
- Any reference to the Applications in the User Terms includes the Applications themselves and the output of, and/or online content and information accessible from, the Site and/or the Applications.
- We may make changes to the User Terms at any time.
Your use of the Applications
- You may access and use the Applications made available to you by us, from time to time, via the Site provided that you follow all of the rules in the User Terms.
- You will not obtain any rights of ownership or other rights (of whatever nature) in the Applications, but you may use them as set out in the User Terms. You are not allowed to pretend that the Applications are your own or make them available to others.
- You will not obtain any rights of ownership or other rights (of whatever nature) in the Site and/or the Applications.
- You are responsible for making sure that your password and any other account details are kept secure and confidential. You must not disclose any password to any other person and must notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your password or of the Site and/or the Applications.
- You agree not to use the Site and/or the Applications:
- for any purpose that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, infringing, harassing or racially or ethnically offensive; facilitates illegal activity; depicts sexually explicit images; promotes unlawful violence; is discriminatory based on race, gender, age, colour, religious belief, sexual orientation, disability; or in a manner that is otherwise illegal or causes damage or injury to any person or property;
- to copy, modify, duplicate, create derivative works from, frame, mirror, republish, download, display, transmit, or distribute all or any portion of the Site and/or the Applications in any form or media or by any means;
- to de-compile, reverse compile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise reduce to human-perceivable form all or any part of the Site and/or the Applications;
- to build a product or service which competes with Applications and/or any services offered by us from time to time; or
- to provide services to third parties;
- to distribute viruses or malware or other similar harmful software code;
- to gain unauthorised access to or use of computers, data, systems, accounts or networks;
- to attempt to obtain, or assist third parties in obtaining, access to the Site and/or the Applications; or
- to attempt to circumvent password or user authentication methods.
- We may prevent or suspend your access to the Site and/or the Applications if you do not comply with the User Terms or any applicable law.
- Your access and use of the Site and/or the Applications can be withdrawn if our contract to provide services to our relevant client is terminated or expires or otherwise as we see fit.
Our responsibility & limitations
- Our responsibility in respect of the Site and/or the Applications is to our client and not the Users.
- We neither assume nor owe any duty or responsibility to you in relation to the Site and/or the Applications and any liability to you is expressly disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- We give no warranties and makes no representations to you in relation to the Site and/or the Applications, and all warranties and conditions whether express or implied by statute, common law or otherwise (including any implied terms relating to quality, fitness for any particular purpose, reasonable care and skill or ability to achieve a particular result) are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Nothing in the User Terms will ever limit or exclude our liability that cannot be excluded by law. Similarly, nothing in the User Terms excludes, limits or restricts our duties and liabilities to the User under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 or associated legislation, or any conduct of business rules which we are bound to comply with.
- The Site and/or the Applications are provided for your general information. You should not rely on Site and/or the Applications to make (or refrain from making) any decision or take (or refrain from taking) any action (including, but not limited to, in respect of financial or other plans or arrangements). Any reliance that you do place on the Site and/or the Applications is at your own risk.
- The Site and/or the Applications do not constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice. You should always use your own independent judgment when using the Site and/or the Applications.
- We cannot guarantee that Site and/or the Applications will be available at any given time, or that access to the digital content will be uninterrupted, error free or secure.
- In order to access and use the Site and/or the Applications, your device needs to comply with our minimum technical requirements. You are responsible for making sure that your device meets these requirements.
Hyperlinks and third party sites
- The Site and/or the Applications may contain hyperlinks or references to third party services and/or websites. Any such hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party services and/or websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third party services and/or websites does not mean that we endorse that third party’s services and/or websites. Your use of a third party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third-party site and is at your own risk.
- You are not allowed to transfer your rights under the User Terms to anyone without our prior written consent.
- The Site and/or the Applications are intended for use in the UK only.
- If any provision of the User Terms (or part of any provision) is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the legality, validity and enforceability of any other provision of the User Terms will not be affected.
- If you breach the User Terms and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach the User Terms.
- The User Terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales and any disputes will be decided only by the Courts of England and Wales.
- If you have any queries, please use the contact form on this page.
BWebstream is Barnett Waddingham’s online platform for delivering services to our clients and professional contacts through the web.Find out more
With interactive tools, videos and bitesize information Me2 is here to help you learn and plan for now and the future.
Barnett Waddingham takes the protection of our clients' data very seriously.Find out more
If you need any help please do get in touch.
Phone: 0344 4430101